We are looking for an entry level maintenance professional with a great customer service attitude, and desire to learn to join the team at Island Club Apartments in Oceanside, CA!
Great customer service help make our apartment communities a great place to live. Aimco believes that the appearance and maintenance operations of our apartment communities are one of the most reasons why our residents choose to call us home. Right now we are looking for a service-minded professional with a cheerful, customer service attitude willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work!
Make no mistake about it. A Custodian is a maintenance position. The Custodian acts under the direction of the Community and/or Service Manager and is responsible for the cleanliness of the community grounds. Responsibilities will include dusting, sweeping, trash collection and removal, replenishing restrooms with supplies, and possibly stripping, polishing and waxing furniture, floors, and other woodwork. The Custodian may be asked to move, set up and remove tables, sound equipment, and chairs weighing up to 25 pounds, and lift and move supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
As with all our positions, a Custodian is also a Customer Service position. The ideal candidate must be able to address the concerns and maintenance needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner. A Custodian must have good organizational abilities, follow-up skills, and attention to details both in their work and when communicating with our residents.
Are you the right person for the Job?
The ideal Custodian/Janitor may not necessarily have previous apartment experience. However, the right candidate should have some general grounds or custodial maintenance experience and be comfortable working in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- It’s a great place to work! Aimco offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, wellness programs, paid company holidays, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.
- We are looking for career-minded professionals who recognize the value of a career path. With training and experience a successful Custodian may grow into a Service Technician and beyond.
- A Custodian should have good communication and follow-up skills, both with residents and other team members.
- A Custodian must have a team-oriented attitude and take direction from a Community and/or Service Manager.
- In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7 day workweek when necessary.
- Multi-tasking and adaptation are key elements to success! The Custodian must efficiently handle a changing environment and be capable of dealing with multiple people and various situations simultaneously.
- Be prepared for physical activity! The Custodian must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds.
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!