Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Aimco currently has an opening for a Maintenance Technician at Calhoun Beach Club Apartments in Minneapolis!
Calhoun Beach Club Apartments is a smoke-free community. Our high-rise apartments and penthouses feature private patio or balcony views of Lake Calhoun, Lake of the Isles, Cedar Lake and downtown Minneapolis. Each apartment home or penthouse includes an in-home washer and dryer, and many apartment homes have new appliances, wood floors and a fireplace. Full concierge services, a full service salon, restaurant, courtyard, spa services, a nutrition store, on-site recycling and garage parking. Residents get free membership to the Calhoun Beach Health Club, featuring indoor and outdoor swimming pools, yoga, pilates and dance classes, tennis, racquetball and squash courts. Swim, boat or enjoy the beach at Lake Calhoun, just across the street.
When you work at Aimco, you work alongside some of the most devoted and steadfast team members in the business. We are dedicated to our residents and to each other. Aimco provides our team members with the tools to help you achieve your career goals. As a top owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is happy, comfortable, and at home.
Aimco is dedicated to serving our residents, and making everyone feel at home. As such, we are is a seven-day a week operation and our Maintenance Technicians must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule (days, weekends, nights) based on the needs of the business. Additionally, our Maintenance Technicians participate in our on-call rotation and need to respond to the property within 30 minutes of an emergency call.
To ensure our properties are maintained at the highest level, you will need to:
- Respond to and fulfill maintenance requests
- Provide exceptional customer maintenance
- Follow up on unresolved issues and ensure a quick resolution
- Work directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess and repair issues
- Actively participate in specialty maintenance projects and property upkeep
- Ensure the property’s curb appeal is top notch by maintaining the cleanliness of the grounds
- 2+ years of related experience or education/training
- Basic skills in two or more technical trades such as: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and/or landscaping
- The ability and desire to be a team-player, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager
- The ability to prioritize and manage your daily workload to ensure successful completion in a timely manner
- An eye for detail to efficiently turn our apartment homes
- The ability to effectively communicate in English
- An aptitude for working with your hands
- A positive attitude
Our team members take care of us and we take care of them. As a team member, we offer a range of benefits to strengthen your health and wellbeing with insurance packages, wellness programs, paid vacation and sick time, and even time off to give back to your community.
Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Technician, Apartment Maintenance, Apartment Service, Apartment Service Requests, Boilers, Chillers, plumbing, Carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, faucets, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, properties, sweating pipe, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Property Technician, Apartment Maintenance Technician, Home Properties, Construction, property management, drywall, preventative maintenance, Hotel, Property, Punch outs, Punch out, Service Requests, apartment turns