We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our team at the Aimco Corporate Headquarters in the Denver Tech Center!
At Aimco, our mission is to consistently provide quality apartment homes in a respectful environment, delivered by a team of people who care. We are seeking an Internal Auditor who will work on an experienced and collaborative team in an ever-evolving environment. The Internal Auditor will interact and build relationships with various parts of our business such as Operations, Management and external auditors.
In this vital role, you will have the opportunity to learn from tenured members of our Audit team. You will think critically to identify control weaknesses/issues and offer reasonable recommendations to resolve identified items. Among other duties, you would:
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) planning and testing including walkthroughs and control and substantive testing.
- Develop and execute a risk-based testing approach for assigned audits from planning through reporting phase.
- Document work performed/testing results in a timely manner through internal audit reports for Management which include recommendations for internal control and process enhancements.
- Effectively communicate with corporate and operational personnel during all phases of the audit to develop appropriate recommendations for internal control and process enhancements.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all company employee’s and the Company’s external auditors.
- Complete other projects as necessary including but not limited to corporate, property and construction audits, etc.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting with a strong preference in finance or accounting.
- 0-2 years audit experience, preferably in public accounting or internal audit.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA) or desire to obtain certification is preferred.