Aimco is seeking a Procurement Administrator to work at our Corporate Headquarters in the Denver Tech Center!
At Aimco, we are a culture and customer-focused community that genuinely cares about who you are and bringing you to your full career potential. As a top owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is comfortable, happy, and at home.
As part of the Purchasing Team, and reporting to the Director of Purchasing in this interactive and analytical role, you would personally be responsible for supporting new and existing vendor contracts. You would play a key role in ensuring the upkeep of our apartment communities and would have the opportunity to learn and grow within the procurement space.
Among other things, you would:
- Support and coordinate the purchasing activities in procuring materials and services.
- Assist in ensuring contracts with vendors are consistent with company objectives.
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Develop and oversee the supplier base for assigned services.
- Work with internal customers, supply vendors to support smaller scale procurement efforts.
- Support negotiations with suppliers for assigned commodities to achieve the best price, quality and schedule.
- Utilize organization-wide purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Support and coordinate the registration of new suppliers in company systems.
- Research new sources of services making recommendations to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Maintain all required records of sourcing, negotiations and contracts.
To be successful, we need you to:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of business and/or project management experience. Experience in procurement and/or vendor contract management is preferred.
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to ensure the organization's needs are met while managing purchasing process procedures.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivate and have the ability to drive a process from start to finish.
- Analyze and prepare bid documents and successfully negotiate vendor contracts.
- Work within the MS Office Suite including MS Excel.