Accountant – Denver Corporate
Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Staff Accountant to be located in the Denver Corporate office. The purpose of this position will be to perform general accounting, reporting and analysis. This position will support the partnership accounting and corporate groups.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Cash, accounts payable and administrative duties
- Provide support during month-end close and reporting
- Analyze and reconcile various accounts and bank statements
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of workpapers to support the year-end audit
- Accounting degree or Finance degree with work experience in accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates ongoing, quality customer service, teamwork and cultural fit
We recognize people as our most valuable resource. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, bonuses based on individual performance, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, wellness programs, paid company holidays, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.
AIMCO has been recognized as a top place to work in the Denver area for five consecutive years.