We are looking for a Maintenance Tech to work at our Elm Creek apartment community in Elmhurst, IL!
Great Maintenance Technicians make our apartment communities a great place to live. Aimco believes that the appearance and maintenance operations of our apartment communities are one of the most reasons why our residents choose to call us home. We are looking for service-minded professionals with a cheerful, customer service attitude willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work!
Are you the right person for the Job?
The ideal Maintenance Technician will have 2-3 years of maintenance experience, preferably in some form of facilities or building environment. HVAC certification and CPO are preferred.
- A Maintenance Technician must have knowledge with carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC skills.
- A Maintenance Technician must have strong communication and follow-up skills, both with residents and other team members.
- A Maintenance Technician must have a team player attitude and take direction from a Service Manager.
- In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7 day workweek, and be willing to be on call.
- Multi-tasking and adaptation are key elements to success! The Maintenance Technician must efficiently handle a changing environment and be capable of dealing with multiple people and various situations simultaneously.
- Be prepared for physical activity! The Maintenance Technician must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and machinery.
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Opportunities for recognition and personal development
When you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula. (Some benefits may not apply to team members who are subject to collective bargaining or who are part time)
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!
Keywords: Maintenance, Service Tech, Apartment Maintenance, Service Technician, Apartment Service Tech, Apartment Maintenance Tech, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Appliance Repair, Entry Level Maintenance, basic plumbing, basic electrical, handyman, custodian, porter, Entry Level service tech, entry level maintenance tech, maintenance helper Apartment Service Requests, plumbing, Carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, janitor, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, faucets, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, apartment turns, properties, property, sweating pipe, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Property Technician, property management, drywall, preventative maintenance, General Contractor, Remodel, Self- employed, handyman, Lowes, Home Depot, Janitor, Construction, Groundskeeper