Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Aimco currently has an opening for a Senior Maintenance Manager to oversee a total of 774 units across several apartment communities on the East Side, Chelsea and the Upper West Side.
At Aimco, you will work alongside some of the most devoted team members in the business. As a top-performing owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is happy, comfortable, and at home. With over forty years of experience, our collaborative, process-driven philosophy gives you the tools to reach your career potential.
Aimco is dedicated to serving our residents, and making everyone feel at home. As such, we are is a seven-day a week operation and our Senior Maintenance Managers must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule (days, weekends, nights) based on the needs of the business.
To maintain the quality of our apartment community, you’ll need to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to our residents
- Review Customer Satisfaction Surveys with the maintenance team to continuously improve and address areas of concern
- Direct, schedule, and perform maintenance activities
- Supervise, train and mentor the maintenance team
- Communicate assignments to the maintenance team and monitor the workload to ensure completion
- Inspect units and manage the apartment make-ready process
- Review, prioritize, and complete service requests including appliances, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, critical systems, etc.
- Ensure proper documentation of service requests, preventative maintenance, and make-ready status in property management software
- Assist with grounds keeping, pool maintenance, housekeeping, distribution of notices, and other tasks as needed
Qualifications to keep our communities running:
- 5+ years of experience with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, carpentry, landscaping, pool operation and/or critical systems such as elevators, boilers, etc.
- 3-5 years of successfully leading a team
- Experience using computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and the ability to learn and utilize our property management software
- Prior experience managing vendor relationships
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Maintenance Manager, Service Manager, Chief Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, HVAC Universal, EPA Universal, Apartment Maintenance Manager, Apartment Service Manager, Apartment Maintenance Supervisor, Experienced Maintenance Manager, Hotel Maintenance Manager, Appliance Repair, Apartment Maintenance, Maintenance, HVAC Universal, EPA Universal, EPA Type I, EPA Type II, EPA Type III, CFC, EPA I, EPA II, EPA III, EPA Universal Certification, Lead Service Tech, Property Management, NATE Certification, Residential Maintenance, Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Technician, Apartment Maintenance, Apartment Service, Apartment Service Requests, HVAC Service Tech, Boilers, Chillers, plumbing, Carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, properties, property, sweating pipe, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Lead Technician, Property Technician, Construction, property management, drywall, preventative maintenance, R410, R-410A, Specialty Boiler’s license