We are looking for an Accountant at Aimco!
Accountants perform various data gathering, tracking, and record keeping; financial forecasting, budgeting, and planning; preparing of financial schedules, statements, and reports. They review accounting statements for accuracy, including balance sheet statements, profit and loss statements, consolidated statements, audited financial statements and related footnotes, and other accounting statements and reports. They adjust statements as necessary.
- General ledger maintenance for 20+ properties
- Financial reporting
- Preparation of audit schedules
- Budget/forecast preparation for some areas
- Variance analysis
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Provide service to internal and external customers in areas such as cash flow analysis, reconciliation, work paper preparation, and financial analysis and reporting
- Apply accounting concepts, theories, and principals to develop solutions to problems, and adhere to FASB guidelines and other regulations in the performance of duties
- Process payments and record accounting activity and transactions in financial areas such as real estate, debt, taxes, and insurance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience; ideally 3+
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and possess analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Continuing education or certifications preferred (Master's in Accounting, CPA, etc)
We recognize people as our most valuable resource. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401k, bonuses based on individual performance, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, wellness programs, paid company holidays, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.