The Aimco marketing team is seeking an enthusiastic and professional graphic designer to join our in-house corporate creative team.
The Senior Graphic Designer should have a blend of right and left brain to apply both a creative and a business solution within a tight deadline. This role incorporates feedback from multiple sources, and is able to work in a fast-paced, open, team environment.
With minimal supervision on various assignments from initial request to completion works closely with Creative Managers, Project Managers, and other Graphic Designers to drive design standards and consistency while supporting the organization's goals.
- Design - Generate designs to help solve business problems, focusing on but not limited to, temporary and permanent signage, point-of-sale marketing, corporate communications, print advertising and collateral, photo retouching, logo, environmental graphics, interactive components, client presentations.
- Follow standards - Utilize and assist in the creation of design standards and templates to support marketing and sales efforts.
- Solve problems for business and customer - Solve creative challenges with a focus on supporting the business and the customer.
- Communicate timing and progress – Tap-in with manager and team as needed to ensure visibility into project progress.
- Value culture – Maintain a passionate commitment to demonstrating team values and culture and how our work supports the organization. Approaches work with a customer service focus and genuine desire to be easy to do business with.
- Consult and deliver - Meet with internal teams to determine their design needs, clearly present drafts, and take direction for edits from start to finish, completing projects on time and within estimated hours.
- Manage assets and files - Follow organization and file guidelines.
- May assist with onboarding & training of team members. Manage various assignments from request through completion with little to no supervision keeping within budgets and requests.
- Reports to Marketing Manager.
- Customer Service – Professional, positive, can-do personality and flexibility. Maintain confidence when designing and presenting work; yet be humble enough to take direction and elicit constructive feedback to complete projects.
- Flexibility – Ability to pick up or hand off a project from any stage of the process. Can take templates and run with them and also capable of some more conceptual thinking within set guidelines.
- Knowledge & understanding of the business to support decisions – Translate feedback to balance client goals and constraints with creative opportunities. Maintain a good understanding of client needs and what information will be relevant to them.
- Effective Presenter – Present ideas and rationale to stakeholders in a way that is clear, concise, and relevant to help aid in decision making.
- Collaboration – Ability to work independently or with a team. Extremely comfortable collaborating with other team members and stakeholders and communicating with vendors.
- Time management - Must be organized and manage own priorities and workload in order to complete tasks to meet deadlines. Able to accurately estimate time to complete a project and proactively communicate any issues. Know when to make a decision on a solution and finalize the design.
- Keeps cool under pressure - Effectively handles tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities with a smile. Has an ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects with short deadlines.
- 4 year college degree
- 4 to 7 years as a graphic designer ideally working in a corporate in-house environment.
- Expert user of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong layout and typography skills.
- Extensive knowledge regarding color management, file types, and current design trends.
- Experience generating sketches or mock-ups to present design ideas.
- A wide range of exposure to different forms of media.
- Marketing/ business experience is a bonus.