Irvine, CA US
10/4/2017 3:07:01 PM
Aimco is seeking a Senior Director of Development.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Redevelopment - West, the Senior Director of Developement will oversee the redevelopment and repositioning of large multi-family properties in the local key target markets with a special focus on Los Angeles and the Southern California markets. This individual will have responsibility for the planning, pro-forma modeling, and project management of redevelopment projects for a portfolio of multi-family properties that includes garden-style, mid-rise and high-rise properties. Projects will include ground-up development on existing sites as well as large-scale renovations of existing assets.
· Serve as the project leader on varied redevelopment projects throughout the region.
· Support additional redevelopment projects nationally as necessary.
· Work closely with business leaders across the organization to drive projects from inception to completion.
· Actively manage all aspects of the development process, including: feasibility, financial analysis, market research, demographic studies, entitlements and other necessary governmental approvals, and the oversight of site, engineering, landscape, and architecture plans.
· Review and approve plans during schematic, design development, and construction drawing phases for development projects.
· Participate in planning charrettes for development projects.
· Partner with the Construction Services team to ensure successful completion of complex projects.
· Create and maintain detailed financial models and reports.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
· Successful track record developing and/or redeveloping multifamily properties, including high-rise, mid-rise, and garden-style properties.
· Collaborative, professional approach to building relationships across the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high-impact, effective presentations.
· Proactive communication with internal and external business partners at all levels.
· Capable of managing through influence when needed.
· Proven ability to negotiate successfully with government agencies and external business partners.
· Strong ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize projects and tasks.
· Possesses a strong network of local area design and consulting professional relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess at least five years of experience leading ground-up development projects and/or large-scale repositioning, renovation, and redevelopment projects. Our ideal candidate will have multifamily residential, condo, or hospitality development experience within the greater Southern California areas.
To be considered, candidates must have a proven background managing large projects from concept through completion. A strong design orientation, financial background and experience with the entitlement/zoning process are critical to success in this position.
Additionally, the chosen candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of maturity and presence necessary to influence senior executives and business unit leaders across the organization.
He or she must also possess a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction Management, Engineering, Business Management, or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.