Aimco is seeking a Contracts Administrator for our Construction Team!
The Contract Administrator will assist Aimco’s Redevelopment Construction Services (RDCS) teams in the repositioning of Aimco properties within the assigned, multi-state territory. Based out of the Chicago office, the Contract Administrator will be responsible for many aspects of the redevelopment process including acting as the Owner’s Contract Manager overseeing and monitoring project contracting, accounting and invoice / payment activities to insure that project invoicing and contract activities are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with Aimco policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
The Contract Administrator is an integral part of the Aimco team on the project. The Contract Administrator must demonstrate sound business sense, technical knowledge, leadership, organizational ability, time management, communication skill, and professional client service technique.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, reviews, and administers contractual proposals relating to construction, redevelopment and renovation projects.
- Subject matter expert on all contract administration functions within the project life-cycle. Develops the audit standards process for contract organization including the maintenance of contract files and the contract preparation process.
- Audits files and processes in the field for compliance of standards for achievement of cost and schedule objectives.
- Actively engages Aimco Directors of Construction, operations’ teams, general contractors and subcontractors / vendors on assigned projects.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate Aimco vendor and RDCS invoicing and payment policies and compliance with general contractors, subcontractor/vendor personnel.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Team interaction promoting positive internal and external vendor relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and Aimco
- Special projects as assigned.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for working within a cross functional internal team including business partners from our Capital Improvements Construction and Operations teams.
- Successful track record in working with an integrated team for successful project delivery.
- Collaborative, professional approach to building positive relationships across the organization.
- Proactive communication with internal and external business partners at all levels and the ability to manage through influence when needed.
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize projects and tasks.
Our candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of engagement necessary to influence internal and external construction and business unit leaders.
Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty or equivalent experience.
At least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Previous construction project accounting and administration experience is highly desirable.