We are seeking an Apartment Maintenance Manager to lead the team at Evanston Place Apartment Homes in the Chicago area!
At Aimco, being a Maintenance Manager is more than just technical concerns like energy management, HVAC systems, mechanical, plumbing, security or the apartment grounds; it’s about the people, the residents and your service team. As a Service Manager, you don’t mind the occasional hands-on work replacing a hot water heater or repairing damaged drywall, but your primary focus is management – developing and leading your team to become technical experts while constantly improving their customer service skills.
As a Maintenance Manager, you lead, build and maintain a team oriented environment by encouraging your maintenance team members to learn from and rely on each other. As a manager, you appreciate that your team has a significant impact on resident renewals and client satisfaction.
As a service manager, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of individual apartments, exterior and common areas. While you are an experienced in construction and management, you are just as comfortable working through a schedule or a budget as replacing a hot water tank. While the size of the property determines your day to day tasks, with smaller properties requiring more hands on work, at the end of the day you are responsible for both resident satisfaction and your team’s success. In this maintenance management role, you:
· Lead and manage the maintenance team which includes hiring, employee relations, training and scheduling
· Provide technical and project direction to your maintenance team
· Manage budgets and schedules Follow up on customer service issues to ensure resolution
· Work directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess and repair maintenance needs
In addition to your technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC and mechanical systems and their maintenance and repair, you have a proven customer service and leadership skills. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
· HVAC certified
· Experience managing and leading others including a track record of successful communication, budgeting, scheduling and staffing within construction, mechanical, HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing
· Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to interact with residents and team members
· Ability to lead others in delivering outstanding customer service
· Proven knowledge and application of pertinent codes, laws and regulations
· Experience operating computer systems for property operations, finance and service tickets
· Willingness to work on call (rotating pager) and non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· Ability to move heavy equipment and machinery
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
· Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors
· Employee stock purchase plans
· Opportunities for professional development and career growth
· Opportunities for recognition and personal development
When you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula. (Some benefits may not apply to team members who are subject to collective bargaining or who are part time)
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!