In this dynamic and exciting role, you would be responsible for developing a strategy for and implementation of databases and data warehouse solutions for on premises and SaaS applications. Data will include financial records, marketing information, resident unit occupancy and other data. You will work with database administrators, business users and data analysts to ensure that databases provide easy/understandable access for data analysis, contain required information, and are secure to help facilitate effective business decisions in a fast paced environment.
Among other duties in this highly visible role, you would:
- Profile existing data sources to thoroughly understand their purpose
- Maintain database integrity and plan for natural disasters and cyber attacks
- Develop and communicate data standards
- Create security plans and measures
- Database performance tuning
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements
- Develops, tests, and deploys data structures using Entity Relationship Diagramming, SQL Server tools, and data modeling tools
- Work with business users and IT management on the selection of fit for purpose BI tools
- Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported databases and solutions
- Work with the DBA’s to establish naming conventions and optimization standards for the database objects
- Build referential integrity into the models
- Effectively present / communicate data models to the business, IT and the project teams.
- Assist in the design and development of dashboards, reports and other business intelligence metrics
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in data modeling, systems analysis and design.
- Demonstrated experience in creating medium to large-scale enterprise logical data models using normalization techniques.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and tools for data modeling, metadata management, and data management is required.
- Experience building enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
- Strong experience using at least one of the top data modeling tools
- Advanced skills including conflict resolution, priority setting, managing expectations, executive level communication, concept development, success multi-tasking conflicting priorities, managing ambiguity - knowledge in use cases definition, requirements gathering and documentation in use cases and wireframes and the practice of structured methodologies.