Aimco is seeking an Experienced Financial Analyst to work at our Corporate Headquarters in the Denver Tech Center!
At Aimco, we are a culture and customer-focused community that genuinely cares about who you are and bringing you to your full career potential. As a top owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is comfortable, happy, and at home.
As part of the Debt Team, and reporting to the Vice President of Debt in this visible role, you would personally be responsible for lender relations and communication as well as financial reporting that is heavily used in Aimco’s external reporting. You would have the opportunity to learn about several facets of the real estate industry, including acquisitions and redevelopments, and to grow within the company.
Among other things, you would:
- Monitor and track lender mandated repairs at our apartment communities across the country and communicate with all parties involved until resolution
- Assist with refinancing activity by gathering documents and completing necessary paperwork and run transactions analysis as needed including IRR and NPV calculations
- Assess, track and report any insurance losses
- Address, track and ensure resolutions of mechanic liens
- Perform ad-hoc reporting
- Handle all lender servicing inquiries and issues
- Build and maintain relationships with our lender partners and internal customers
To be successful, we need you to:
- Quickly gain a thorough understanding of various areas of the business
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree. Business and/or Finance degrees are strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic financial terminology such as IRR, NPV, etc.
- Have at least 3 years relevant work experience. General real estate and/or financing industry experience preferred
- Be proficient at Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivots etc.)
- Ability to pull and analyze data using Essbase queries
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Schedule flexibility including the willingness work after normal business hours and/or on weekends
- Desire to learn about the real estate industry and grow within it