We are looking for an HVAC Certified Maintenance Technician to work at our Hillmeade apartment community in Nashville
At Aimco, being a Maintenance Technician is a combination of hands-on maintenance and customer service. While you enjoy the hands-on work of replacing dishwashers or repairing damaged carpets, it’s your customer service skills that set your performance apart. Your maintenance, construction or general labor background gives you the skills to handle any maintenance task, while your customer service skills ensure Aimco residents are satisfied and that their homes are in working order.
In this general labor maintenance role, you bring not only your customer service skills, but an attention to detail and the ability to recognize problems before they happen. As a Maintenance Technician, you understand that it is a resident’s home. Not only do you fix the problem, you pride yourself on your interaction with the resident, taking the time to understand and listen to their concerns.
One minute it could be a hot water heater that needs replacing, the next a carpet or a project in the community center, but being a maintenance technician at Aimco has you moving from one task to another, juggling and adapting to the situation to find a solution that works. You enjoy the variety of tasks and the interaction with the residents and fellow team members.
As an Aimco maintenance technician, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of the complex including structures, facilities & systems in individual apartments, exterior and common areas. As an experienced professional you will:
- Work directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess & repair issues including electrical, plumbing, a/c, heating, HVAC, appliances, water irrigation, tile, carpet, walls and flooring
- Read and interpret technical drawings and diagrams
- Maintain service records
- Follow up on unresolved customer service issues to ensure resolution
- Prioritize and manage your daily workload to ensure successful completion
- Maintain your knowledge of policies and procedures and their proper application including efficiency, service and quality targets
Technical experience in construction, electrical, HVAC and mechanical plumbing systems and their maintenance and repair, you have a proven ability to deliver great customer service. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
- HVAC certification
- Ability to move heavy equipment and machinery
- Experience in maintenance, construction, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing
- Proven knowledge and application of codes, laws and regulations
- Experience operating computer systems to maintain and track service tickets, inventory and maintenance records
- Willingness to work on call (rotating pager) and non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Opportunities for recognition and personal development
When you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula. (Some benefits may not apply to team members who are subject to collective bargaining or who are part time)
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!