We are looking for a Groundskeeper to work at our Pathfinder Village apartment community in Fremont, CA!
Great customer service help make our apartment communities a great place to live. Aimco believes that the appearance and maintenance operations of our apartment communities are one of the most reasons why our residents choose to call us home. Right now we are looking for a service-minded professional with a cheerful, customer service attitude willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work!
Make no mistake about it. A Groundskeeper is a maintenance position. The Groundskeeper acts under the direction of the Community and/or Service Manager and is responsible for the cleanliness of the community grounds. Responsibilities will include the daily upkeep of the property, buildings, and grounds, which includes cleaning and removing trash. Additional responsibilities include:
- Spreading salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
- Plants and tends flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims, mows lawns; applies fertilizer and insecticides; and utilizes pest control equipment.
- Follows well-established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, making simple adjustments, and repairs, as necessary.
- Assists with pool and shovels snow when necessary.
- The Groundskeeper may be asked to lift and move supplies weighing up to 60 pounds.
As with all our positions, a Groundskeeper is also a customer service position. The ideal candidate must be able to address the concerns and maintenance needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner. A Groundskeeper must have good organizational abilities, follow-up skills, and attention to details both in their work and when communicating with our residents.
Are you the right person for the Job?
The ideal Groundskeeper may not necessarily have previous apartment experience. However, the right candidate should have some general grounds or custodial maintenance experience and be comfortable working in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- It’s a great place to work! Aimco offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, wellness programs, paid company holidays, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.
- We are looking for career-minded professionals who recognize the value of a career path. With training and experience a successful Groundskeeper may grow into a Service Technician and beyond.
- A Groundskeeper should have good communication and follow-up skills, both with residents and other team members.
- A Groundskeeper must have a team-oriented attitude and take direction from a Community and/or Service Manager.
- In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7 day workweek when necessary.
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!