Aimco is seeking and innovative Senior Financial Analyst who values relationships, has great ownership and lives with gusto!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing support, analysis, and reporting of operational and financial information relating Aimco’s capital investment projects. As part of these responsibilities, the position will ensure the integrity of the data, resolve data and process problems, and provide specialized and ad-hoc reporting. Additional responsibilities include being a point of contact within the corporate office to our team members around the country.
Essential Job Functions
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Develop and improve existing analytics and reporting around Aimco’s capital investment projects
- Solving complex problems through detailed analytics and reporting
- Utilize technical skills including SQL, VBA, and MS Access to streamline processes and reporting
- Assists management in identifying opportunities to streamline and improve processes
- Performs frequent reporting and analysis of actual and forecasted results compared to project plan
- Strong understanding of financial processes, systems and controls and responsibility for documenting the processes
- Supports the finance team in performing monthly and annual finance processes, including: accounting month-end, monthly forecasting, and annual budgeting
- Ability to thrive in a complex, multi-project environment
- Maintain a highly collaborative approach to problem solving
Education: The successful candidate should have a strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related technical field. A graduate degree, CPA, or CFA is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 4 years of relevant financial analysis experience is required.
- A collaborative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills – VBA experience is a plus
- Strong Data analysis skills, utilizing SQL and MS Access
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of core finance processes (accounting, budgeting, forecasting)
- Strong financial systems experience (Hyperion, Oracle, SAP, or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Combines detail-oriented focus and a big-picture perspective