Aimco Apartment Homes (“Aimco”), a New York Stock Exchange company (NYSE:AIV), is one of nation’s largest apartment home owners and operators. Founded in 1994 by Chief Executive Officer, Terry Considine, the Company grew large enough to be included on the S&P 200 within its first few years. It is now valued at $12 billion with 46k units in 141 apartment communities all located within twelve primary markets. While most of the portfolio is invested in conventional market properties, a small portion is still held in affordable apartment communities. The Company has mid-range plans to move out of the affordable business and to reinvest the proceeds back into conventional assets.
Aimco emphasizes diversification by both geography and price point. Major portfolio markets include Southern (29%) and Northern (14%) California, the Mid-Atlantic (19%) and Northeast (15%) regions. In terms of price points, the portfolio contains more than 50% Class A properties with the remainder in Class B and C. In 2017, Aimco targeted companywide disposition of 5% of their portfolio or $600 million to be reinvested in urban markets with high job growth such as Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami and Philadelphia. Aimco is rated “investment grade” by both S&P and Fitch rating services.
For more information on Aimco, please see www.Aimco.com/investors.
Aimco is seeking a Senior Vice President of Information Technology (I.T.), and is the Head of the I.T. department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this strategic leader oversees all information technology aspects of the company, supporting the end goal of leveraging innovative technology to drive greater business outcomes.
Among other objectives based upon business need, this person:
- Oversees all information technology aspects of the company and establishes the strategic direction of the organization's information technology resources, focusing on driving business performance using well-placed and actionable solutions.
- Determines long-term organization-wide information needs and develops overall strategy for information needs, systems development and hardware acquisition, and integration including mainframe, mini, macro, and client/server and cloud-based computing applications.
- Leverages a broad technical background to identify changes in computer and systems technology and communicates these changes to senior management, focusing on business outcomes.
- Identifies both the individual systems software and hardware necessary for the successful integration of information systems and coordinates through subordinate staff the operations of the technology functions on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides support to information users and determines information needs throughout the organization.
- Prepares and oversees the information systems budget.
- Ensures the integrity of all systems and the efficiency and quality of user support.
- Evaluates strategic partnerships, including on and off-shored vendors.
- Acts to ensure integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Acts as highest interface with non-technical user functions in determining overall information systems approach.
Education: The successful candidate should have a strong academic background with a Bachelor’s in Information Technology or similar field. A Master’s Degree in I.T. or Business Administration is strongly preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience overseeing a large, complex information security environment in a similar situated industry, with a preference toward multifamily or hospitality experience with a heavy operational base in multiple states.