Austin, TX US
2/26/2018 7:04:04 PM
Maintenance Manager – Service Manager
Aimco is searching for a Service Manager our Pleasant Hills Apartments in Austin, TX
Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco is one of the country's largest owners and operators of apartments, with 252 communities in 23 states, and the District of Columbia. Aimco common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AIV, and are included in the S&P 500.
Individual contributor at a property of less than 200 units; may supervise and train 2 or less direct reports. Performs work in all maintenance trades, including: appliance repair, electrical, HVAC, landscaping, painting and pool operation.
As a service manager, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of individual apartments, exterior and common areas. While you are an experienced in construction and management, you are just as comfortable working through a schedule or a budget as replacing a hot water tank. While the size of the property determines your day to day tasks, with smaller properties requiring more hands on work, at the end of the day you are responsible for both resident satisfaction and your team’s success. In this maintenance management role, you:
- With minimal guidance supervises, trains, or performs troubleshooting and maintenance for a variety of building systems and appliances.
- Typical independent assignments include: Troubleshoot, repair, or replace HVAC equipment and controls; install, repair, and replace all plumbing fixtures, piping, and systems; troubleshoot, replace, and install new electrical fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacles; Prepare and finish all interior and exterior surfaces; move, install, repair, replace all household appliances; Install, repair, and replace drywall, counters, and cabinetry; all landscaping tasks; Operate and repair all pool equipment.
- With limited direction, schedules and performs or assigns Preventive Maintenance and repair tasks, and resident Service Requests. Applies proficient skills in most maintenance trades to complete tasks in a professional manner.
- Responsibilities include vendor relations, customer service, and budget management.
- 3-5 years Of Experience as a Maintenance Supervisor/ Service Manager
- Experience in Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and Appliance Repair
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to interact with residents and team members
- Excellent Customer ServiceBenefitsAimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:• Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors• Employee stock purchase plans• Opportunities for professional development and career growth• Opportunities for recognition and personal developmentWhen you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula.For more information on Aimco please visit www.aimco.comKeywords: (Service Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Apartment Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance, Maintenance Tech, Maintenance Technician, Apartment Maintenance, Apartment Service, Apartment Service Requests, plumbing, Carpentry, electrician, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, faucets, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, properties, property, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Lead Technician, Property Technician, preventative maintenance, Electrical, Lead Service Technician, Lead Technician, Apartment Technician)