Process the organization's payroll accurately and on time through utilization of a computerized payroll system. Duties may include accounting, distributing and preparing payments, ensure commission, bonus, and other files are uploaded within established timelines. Maintain payroll records. Resolve inquiries from team members. May check the work of others to ensure that the payroll is processed accurately. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Through detailed analysis may process properties and/or the corporate payroll for multi-state companies.
- Responsible for accounting, distributing and preparing payments, ensure commission, bonus, and other files are uploaded within established timelines.
- Perform maintenance of team member payroll database, including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions and wage changes.
- May be responsible for one or more banking functions relating to payment programs such as ACH returns, wire transfers and account reconciliation.
- Administer wage garnishments and perform audits.
- Research and resolve payroll issues with unions and a variety of government agencies.
- Responsible for auditing employee sick and vacation plans.
- Prepares and balances period-end reports
- May assist in processing payroll tax returns and W2 forms.
- Assist with special projects under direction from management and any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Non-Supervisory
Education & Experience: High School degree and a minimum of 3 years of multistate payroll experience preferred.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to run existing queries is preferred.
- Ability to utilize a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to make basic math calculations.