Aimco is seeking an IT Senior Business Analyst to join our team!
In this dynamic and exciting role, you would be responsible for liaising among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems through understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of the technical environments. You would then work with internal and external (managed service teams, both on a national and international scale) to recommend and enact solutions which enable Aimco to meet our set goals.
Among other duties in this highly – impactful role, you would:
- Successfully translate business goals into process changes and supporting system requirements.
- Identify and document business processes, gather requirements; and determine scope of implementation phase. Formulate and propose implementation plans which deliver the "right value" at the "right time" for the business.
- Explore options with business owners based on best practices, costs, limitations, internal and external systems. Analyze and model various options to ensure needs are being appropriately met and estimate time and costs for options.
- Develop program and project business cases using defined approaches and templates, including ROI, payback, etc. from potentially abstract or ambiguous inputs.
- Explain end to end how their project relates within the context of the application(s), and how it will enhance the work process for those using the system. Bottom line - What does it mean to the success of the organization using it, and the success of AIMCO.
- Act as a liaison between business process owners they support and the IT team; serves as the business advocate within IT for their area of responsibility. Work closely with business partners and IT business solutions implementation team during project execution and deployment.
- Develop and maintain deep business and IT domain expertise for their area of responsibility, and may help drive business analyst team improvement initiatives.
- Identify and lead change management impacts, training requirements and define the appropriate training approach.
- Lead other IT Business Analysts in their work. Act as a subject matter expert, problem solver and lead work groups.
- Present business case, options, costs, and timelines to Governance Review Committee for approval while advocating for business owners.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field. Masters preferred.
- At least 6-8 years of related experience.
- Advanced skills including conflict resolution, priority setting, managing expectations, executive level communication, concept development, success multi-tasking conflicting priorities, managing ambiguity - knowledge in use cases definition, requirements gathering and documentation in use cases and wireframes and the practice of structured methodologies.
- In this role, your strong inter-personal, presentation and problem-solving skills, and the ability to pick up projects mid-stream, be a self-starter and require minimal supervision will come in handy.
- We prefer if you have experience working in an iterative system development process (e.g. SCRUM, RUP, Agile).
- Experience with any of the following technologies preferred:
Abode AEM, Hyperion PBCS, Enghouse Interactive, ImageNow
- Experience in the following support areas preferred:
Call Center, Financial Reporting, Marketing